Chapel Hill, NC, 27514
Joined on July, 2014
Weekends at any time
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationPhD student in Communication at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
I hold an MA in Rhetoric from Carnegie Mellon, an MA in English from the University of South Carolina, and a BA in English (minors Sociology and Theatre).
Experience* Currently teaching courses for UNC's Department of Communication (Public Speaking, Rhetoric and Public Affairs, Performance Studies)
* Previously taught argumentation and writing at Carnegie Mellon University
* Previously taught Critical Reading/Composition and Rhetoric and Composition at the University of South Carolina
* Former writing tutor at the University of South Carolina
* Employed presently as a tutor by UNC's Loudermilk Center for Excellence (Communication Studies, English, and African and African-American Studies)
* Published (peer-reviewed academic journal)
HobbiesOnline tutoring for writing available.
I take my teaching philosophy with me whenever I tutor:
I never underestimate what my students can accomplish; I strive to create a productive and welcoming environment that encourages creativity and exciting ideas; and while helping students with specific assignments or concepts, I guide them toward establishing helpful habits such as creating a work schedule/routine, taking initiative in their scholastic and professional lives, and confidently presenting well-developed and well-articulated ideas.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.